- Communication between partner schools must start early.
- Passports and visas acquired as soon as delegation is selected.
- Complete all necessary ISSE and travel forms.
- Travel arrangements made once visiting dates are confirmed
- Prepare assembly for whole school.
- Prepare classroom presentations.
- Limited spending money (time in host school is not a vacation).
- Discuss eating and drinking in host country.
These points all refer to information found in Section V – Communication/Visit Preparation.
- No cellphones, ipads, or any personal technology items used during the visit.
- Visitors have great responsibilities.
- Get to know rest of visiting delegation.
- Assembly and classroom presentations should be brief.
- Gift to host school.
- Visiting delegation communication back to home school and parents.
- Share experience after returning to home school.
- Share stories with photos,etc. on ISSE website. (isseonline.com)
These points all refer to information found in Section IX – Visiting Team Responsibilities
- Community coverage of ISSE Experience is important
- Contact local daily/weekly news sources
- Share photos of visitors in classrooms of younger children and/or assembly performance for whole school
These points all refer to information found in Section X – Public Relations